The COVID-19 pandemic turned education upside down during much of 2020 and 2021. Schools have reopened in most places, but our education systems will never be the same again. We all experienced not just disruption and challenges but innovations and achievements that can shape the future of education for the better.
The theme for the 2022 edition of Enabling Education Review will be:
“Inclusion in the new normal”
The deadline for submitting first drafts of articles is 30 June 2022. Details of suggested topics and how to submit articles are provided below.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and your submissions.
We want to share your experiences of transitions back into school, what the situation is like in the ‘new normal’, and what we have learned that could help us rebuild education systems better and more inclusively. For example:
- What has been done to support learners transitioning back into schools?
- How have approaches to teaching and learning changed because of the pandemic?
- As a teacher, what did you do to reach and support all your learners when schools reopened? What challenges and opportunities have you experienced? Who has helped you?
- How have adaptations to the new normal been financed and managed, and by whom?
- As a parent/caregiver/learner, how have you advocated at the local or national level for approaches to education to be more inclusive after schools re-opened?
- For learners who were already learning at home before the pandemic, how has their home learning been affected (positively or negatively) by the changes resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic?
- How has the pandemic affected the mental and physical well-being of learners, parents, families, and teachers? What has been done to support them?
- What lessons have we learned that we could use to improve the design and inclusivity of education systems long term?