Application deadline: 20 March 2019.
Read the full details on UNICEF’s website.
Purpose of Post
- Lead the development of robust and compelling policy analysis and public policy asks on specific education and youth issues, in both the domestic and international contexts.
- Play a vital role in one of our priority campaigns – Education for All – providing policy insight and analysis to inform activities across fundraising, communications and advocacy. In particular, contribute to the priority outcomes around increasing access to education, quality education and the development of life skills.
- Engage with Unicef’s work to promote young people and the issues that matter to them, such as education, life skills and empowerment, including through its contribution to the ‘Generation Unlimited’ partnership. Develop Unicef UK’s policy contribution to this agenda.
- Manage projects in other, related campaigns, e.g. ending violence in schools, access to education for migrant children, and other cross-cutting projects focused on young people.
- On a case-by-case basis, lead work (research, policy, advocacy) on other specific strands of work to give us capacity to respond to changing organisational priorities
- Working with the Youth Strategy Lead, support the development and delivery of participation activities to increase opportunities for children and young people in the UK to shape Unicef UK’s work, particularly to inform our emerging policy and advocacy priorities in relation to education and young people.
- Keep a watching brief on the full range of education and youth issues, reacting as appropriate, and provide policy expertise to contribute to Unicef UK influencing and media work. Work collaboratively with other policy and programmes advisors working on issues related to education.
- Act as a policy expert representing Unicef UK at senior level meetings, managing and influencing significant relationships with the policy community;
- Represent Unicef UK externally as a senior expert and, working with colleagues in Unicef UK, help build financial and non-financial partnerships with donors, supporters and other key senior stakeholders.