Application deadline: 28 March 2019.
Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA) and the OSF Early Childhood Programme (ECP) supports 8 organisations in Southern Africa working towards inclusion of children with special educational needs in early childhood development and education.
An evaluation is now planned:
- To provide a full-scale evaluation of whether or not the funded civil society organizations attained the objectives of this body of work;
- To assess key lessons, successes, challenges and impact of the work in each of the countries covered;
- To determine the sustainability of the project work supported with the view of understanding whether or not it should be continued;
- To assess and document best practices and effective models of inclusion that have emerged from this body of work in the target countries based on the interviews and the Learning Stories publications;
- To delineate the extent of strategic partnerships, community participation and state involvement in this portfolio of work;
- To assess to what extend the eight organisations implemented or integrated into their organisational development 1) recommendations of organisational assessment exercise, 2) knowledge and skills gained as a result of capacity building workshops provided by OSF-ECP and OSISA on resource mobilisation, financial management, measuring progress.
The evaluation will focus on the work undertaken in the target countries of Angola, Malawi, Mozambique, Lesotho, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe. The evaluation will be conducted through document review and remote interviews; no field work or travel is involved.
Read the full details in the Terms of Reference (PDF).