Full details available from OSF website.
Application deadline: 20 April 2018
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Helps to manage individual and team calendars, arranges staff travel, submits travel authorizations, administers/processes expense reports and invoices, handles intake and appropriate routing of calls/emails, and deals with public inquiries.
- Handles logistics for events and meetings, develops related budgets and manages costs. Liaises with vendors and consultants and assists with contracts, compliance and procurement processes.
- Provides support for both internal and external meetings, including Board meetings, as requested; takes minutes, photocopies, collates and distributes documents, and arranges catering.
- Provides administrative support for financial activities, responds to requests for cash and money transfer payments, processes invoices and grant letters/contracts, processes payments to vendors and consultants, assists with updating and tracking budgets, prepares expense reports, and monitors and maintains budget filings.
- Maintains an inventory of all publications and ensures stocks are on display, as required, and available to staff. Assists with production and launch of publications and keeps track/creates publication mailing lists.
- Updates the Open Society website and KARL (internal site) as required, highlights appropriate material to be posted on the website and uploads new material. Explores use of social media to promote the work of the team. May oversee day to day operations of the central contact database, including organizing information, creates mailing lists, and works with programs to keep contacts current.
- Provides administrative support for grant making activities and/or programs by performing operational work, as directed, that helps achieve the Early Childhood Program’s goals/plans. May identify new administrative/operational needs and develop/implement solutions.
- Enters and uploads information and runs reports in management information systems and platforms. Liaises with grantees, staff, external reviewers, etc. Compiles and maintains grants-related data and records and timelines.
- Supports the implementation of the Early Childhood Program team’s communications strategy through tracking of ongoing projects, liaising with OSF’s communications team and assisting ECP team members in the development of web and social media content.
- Ad-hoc responsibilities: May be asked to take on substantive responsibilities or projects, such as overseeing translation and communications-related projects; conducting basic research/scanning of political landscape, grantee updates, policy, and research developments; collecting, compiling and analyzing data in support of eligibility assessments, docket write-ups, peer and portfolio reviews; and reviewing grantees’ financial reports.
NOTE: This is not an EENET vacancy. Please communicate all queries directly to OSF.