Full details available from VSO website.
Application deadline: 30 March 2018
- Location: Kigali with field travel within Rwanda
- Fixed-term consultancy for 40 days.
- Duration of contract: Start date no later than 1st May 2018 for 40 days.
VSO Rwanda is looking for a consultant Disability Assessment Adviser with experience of identifying disability amongst children of primary school age as part of a current Building Learning Foundation program (BLF). The assessment has three phases:
- Apply the Washington Group approach (tailored to children) to identify children with disabilities in a sample of schools in five Districts;
- Establish the learning needs and possible interventions for children with the types of disabilities identified in phase 1;
- Design project-level interventions to support children with disabilities in BLF targeted schools (government and Government aided schools).
The Adviser will lead Phase 1 of the project. Phase 1 is expected to be complete no later than 1 August 2018. Specifically, the Adviser will design and deliver Phase 1 including engaging with the concerned VSO-BLF personnel and key stakeholders, designing necessary tools, providing training and supervision to field teams, and producing data analysis and reporting on results. This is an important opportunity to contribute to learning both within Rwanda and internationally on the use of the Washington Group approach especially for children.
How to apply
You can apply online via VSO’s website.