Location: HQ or in national associations of HI (France, Canada, United States, and United Kingdom).
Application deadline: 5 February 2023.
The post holder will provide technical support and engage in communication and advocacy in inclusive education, respecting HI’s mandate, policies and technical positioning.
The main aim is to develop and expand the HI’s profile and impact through:
- Developing new business development opportunities and promoting HI’s inclusive education technical positioning approaches, know-how and expertise in relevant mainstream networks with the objective to form alliances and consortia. Inclusive Education is one of the two main pillars within the new Social & Inclusion technical strategy and as part of this strategy, HI aims to promote it’s “ added value” and niche areas of expertise to external stakeholders in the wider education sector.
- Supporting the development of key materials for the wider IE sector (both internal and external documents)
- Establishing key relationships with external agencies through networking (both in academia and policy contexts)
- Supporting the development of technical assistance to mainstream organizations, policy makers, and states, by developing the content of new projects, and providing technical expertise and capacity building to HI staff to support implementation).
- Contributing to influencing donor and stakeholder policies including states, practices and budget priorities to improve inclusion of children and young people with disabilities and vulnerable children in education in international development.