Online training course on Implementing the UN Guidelines for the Alternative Care of Children.
Visit the course website for more details.
Taking the UN Guidelines as a framework, this free online course will help you gain insight into how the unnecessary placement of a child in alternative care can be prevented; how alternative care can constitute a suitable, positive experience for a child when it is necessary; and how children and young people who are leaving care can best be supported. Learn with alternative care specialists from CELCIS, UNICEF and the UN.
- Week 1 – Introduction to the Guidelines, the Principles, and Gatekeeping
- Week 2 – Upholding the ‘necessity principle’: Supporting and Strengthening Families
- Week 3 – Upholding the ‘necessity principle’: High-Risk Children and Gatekeeping
- Week 4 – Upholding the ‘suitability principle’: Selecting from a Range of Formal Care Settings
- Week 5 – Upholding the ‘suitability principle’: Deinstitutionalisation
- Week 6 – Leaving Care
NOTE: This event is not organised by EENET. Please contact the organisers directly with any queries.