Call for Articles for Enabling Education Review Issue 9, 2020
To coincide with the launch of our new training videos on inclusive early childhood development and education, the 2020 Enabling Education Review is seeking articles on:
“Inclusive early childhood development and education (ECDE)”
The deadline for submitting first drafts of articles is 31 August 2020 (EXTENDED to 31 October 2020). Details of suggested topics are provided below. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Why have we chosen this topic?
Early childhood development and education (ECDE) sets the foundation for lifelong learning, behaviour and health. Early childhood experiences are fundamental to shaping the brain and building a child’s capacity for learning and social interactions. It is vital that all young children are included in efforts to support early development and learning. This is why Sustainable Development Goal 4.2 focuses on quality early childhood development, care and pre-primary education.
In July 2020, EENET is launching two new training videos which look at:
- Inclusive teaching and learning in ECDE settings;
- Inclusive transition to, from and within ECDE settings.
To coincide with the video release, this year’s main edition of Enabling Education Review aims to capture and share good ideas and promising practices in inclusive ECDE around the world.
What could you write about?
The following are ideas for questions you could focus on when writing your article, but feel free to add your own ideas:
- How have you supported ECDE initiatives to become inclusive for all learners?
- What practical innovations have you developed and used to make ECDE more inclusive
- How have you financed and managed inclusive ECDE initiatives?
- How can we plan and budget effectively for embedding ECDE into government and non-government education improvement initiatives?
- What ECDE policy changes have you advocated for or implemented?
- What advocacy have you done (as parents/caregivers, parents groups, non-government organisations (NGOs), disabled persons organisations (DPOs), etc) at local or national level to call for ECDE to become more inclusive?
- What practical actions have you taken in the community (as parents/caregivers, parents groups, NGOs, DPOs, etc) to overcome barriers to inclusion for young learners and/or to support parents/caregivers experiencing challenges with their child’s early development and education?
Enabling Education Review helps people share and learn from each other’s experiences. We therefore welcome articles that offer practical insights, to help others who are looking for ideas that they can adapt and try. We like articles that provide a little background to the context, project or programme, and then explain in more detail the activities that happened (what, where, when, with or by whom, and why). We also like to read about the results, if possible.
For more information on how you can submit an article please download the full call here: Enabling Education Review 9 – Call for articles (Word, 1.7mb)